Chocolate Ice Cream
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate squares||3 , melted over hot water|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Prepare a double boiler by placing a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over medium low heat and allowing the water to simmer.
2. Break chocolate into small pieces and melt over the simmering water.
3. Heat the milk to scalding point, about 180 degree F/82 degree C
4. Add a little of the hot milk to the melted chocolate to make a paste.
5. In a bowl that fits over the saucepan with the base toughing the simmering water, combine the eggs, sugar and flour and beat until well blended.
6. Gradually pour in the remaining hot milk, stirring vigorously to make a smooth sauce.
7. Blend in the chocolate.
8. Fit the bowl over the double boiler and cook, stirring constantly until it is thick and smooth like custard.
9. Take pan off the heat and stir in the remaining sugar, salt and vanilla until sugar dissolves in the hot custard. Allow it to cool
10. When cooled blend in the cream.
11. Pour mixture into freezer friendly containers and freeze until set.
12. Scoop and serve in ice-cream coupes or in dessert bowls.
13. Top with nuts, sauce and grated chocolate if you like.