Ice Cream Sandwich
|Margarine/Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 gram, plus 10 Milliliter or 2 teaspoon to grease tins)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Self rising flour||4 Ounce, sifted|
|Boiling water||15 Milliliter|
|Raspberry jam||60 Milliliter|
|Double cream||150 Milliliter|
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Pint, hulled (275 Milliliter)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F (180 Deg C/Gas 4) , grease and line two 7 inch round sandwich tins.
2) Cream together the fat and sugar until fluffy, beat in the eggs gradually, add the flour in between, fold in the remaining flour, finally, stir in the boiling water and blend well.
3) In the baking tins, place the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 min until lightly browned and spongy; cool on a wire rack.
4) Stiffly whip the cream put in a piping bag,
5) Place one cake on a plate, layer with the jam, slice the ice cream and layer all over the jam; layer the lower side of the other sponge cake with jam and place on top of the icecream.
6) Pipe the whipped cream over the top of the cake and arrange the raspberries.
7) Serve immediately.