Fresh Peach Ice Cream
|Peaches||1 Quart, crushed|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Quart|
|Crushed ice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rock salt||To Taste|
1. In a saucepan, add the stones and skins of the peaches and a little water.
2. Boil for about 10 minutes to extract the flavor.
3. In a large bowl add sugar and place a fine mesh sieve over it.
4. Strain the hot stewed peach liquid over the sugar then stir the mixture until all the sugar dissolves to make a thick syrup.
5. Stir in the crush peach mixture and allow it to cool.
6. Blend the heavy cream into the peach mixture.
7. Pour mixture into an ice-cream freezer, using 4 measures of ice to 1 of rock salt to churn the mixture until it is frozen and thick.
8. Empty into freezer friendly container and freeze until set and ready to serve.
9. Scoop and serve in ice-cream coupes, sherbet glasses or dessert bowls.