Vanilla Ice Cream
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Almond flavor||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan, add cream and place over a double boiler on a medium low flame.
2. Heat the cream to scalding point and then stir in the sugar. Heat until sugar melts.
3. Take pan off the heat and spoon some of the hot cream into the egg yolks and blend well.
4. Pour the egg yolks into the hot cream, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the salt, vanilla and almond flavor.
6. Strain the custard through a fine mesh nylon sieve and leave to cool.
7. Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and churn using 2 parts cracked ice to 1 part rock salt. Alternately pour into freezer friendly container and freeze until set and ready to serve.
8. Scoop and serve in ice-cream coupes, sherbet glasses or dessert bowls with your favorite toppings or serve along with desserts.
Calories 831 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.8 mg65.9%
Sodium 398 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 94.9 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 40.1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet