Vanilla Ice Cream
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Almond flavor||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan, add cream and place over a double boiler on a medium low flame.
2. Heat the cream to scalding point and then stir in the sugar. Heat until sugar melts.
3. Take pan off the heat and spoon some of the hot cream into the egg yolks and blend well.
4. Pour the egg yolks into the hot cream, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the salt, vanilla and almond flavor.
6. Strain the custard through a fine mesh nylon sieve and leave to cool.
7. Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and churn using 2 parts cracked ice to 1 part rock salt. Alternately pour into freezer friendly container and freeze until set and ready to serve.
8. Scoop and serve in ice-cream coupes, sherbet glasses or dessert bowls with your favorite toppings or serve along with desserts.