Strawberry Ice Cream
|Caster sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Kilogram, washed, drained and coarsely pureed|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), lightly whipped|
|Lime juice||To Taste|
2. In a bowl beat egg yolks and sugar over a pan of hot water till thick and mousse-like.
3. Slowly pour int the warm milk into egg mixture, beating constantly.
4. Place a pan of water over medium flame heat and bring it to simmering point.
5. Lower heat and place bowl with egg mixture over it.
6. Continue beating the custard till it thickens.
7. Set aside to cool.
8. When completely cool, fold in pureed strawberries and cream.
9. Taste and add lime juice, to asdjust the tartness.
10. Pour into an icecream container and place in the freezer or churn in an ice cream churner.
11. Scoop into ice cream coupes.
12. Serve topped with a fresh strawberry.