Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream Cake (My Dairy Queen Cake)
|Cooking spray||2 Dash (To grease the springform pan)|
|For the cake|
|Vanilla ice cream, softened||1⁄2 Carton (0.5 l)|
|Chocolate ice cream||1⁄2 Carton (0.5 l)|
|Oreos||12 (2 sleeves of oreo used)|
|Fudge ice cream topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required)|
|Caramel ice cream topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required)|
|For the icing|
|Butter cream frosting||12 Ounce (1 container whipped butter cream frosting)|
|Cool whip||8 Ounce|
1. Grease a springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Add half a carton of softened vanilla ice cream. Spread and freeze for 20 minutes until solid.
3. Meanwhile scrape the cream off the Oreos.
4. Put the Oreos in the plastic bag and crush into chunks or use a food processor to grind coarsely.
5. Divide the Oreo bits into two separate bowls.
6. In one bowl mix in the fudge and combine well. In the other bowl mix in the caramel and combine.
7. Remove the frozen pan from the freezer, and spread on the fudge mixture. Level the surface evenly using a spatula. Freeze until hard.
8. Remove from the freezer and spread on chocolate ice cream. Level the surface evenly and freeze again until hard.
9. Remove from the freezer and spread the caramel mixture. Freeze until firm.
10. Remove from the freezer and spread the rest of the vanilla ice cream (final layer). Freeze for 3 hours or overnight until solid.
To prepare the icing:
11. Into a bowl, add cookie filling. Add the butter cream frosting and cool whip, stir to combine. Use a mixer if needed to get the mixture smooth.
12. Remove the cake from the pan and frost it. Freeze for at least 30 minutes before you serve.
13. Serve chilled.