Caramel Ice Cream
|Caster sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Boiling water||3 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Pint, lightly whipping (Double Or Whipping)|
1) Take a heavy bottomed saucepan and put 2 oz sugar in it. Place the saucepan over low heat and cook until the sugar dissolves and is tanned.
2) Take the pan off the heat and gradually add 3 tbsp of boiling water, stirring constantly.
3) Place the pan back on heat and simmer the mixture. Pour in milk and blend well.
4) In a clean bowl, whisk whole egg, yolk and 1 1/2 oz sugar until light and fluffy. Pour into the caramelized milk.
5) Take a sieve and strain the mixture into a separate saucepan and cook over low heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
6) Now, empty the custard into a large basin and allow to cool. Once cooled, pour it into a container and freeze until mushy.
7) Take the container out from the freezer and beat the custard well and gently blend in the cream. Again, place the container in the freezer.
8) Serve frozen or as desired.