Deluxe Peach Ice Cream
|Peaches||6 Cup (96 tbs), mashed|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
1) Combine the peaches with 1 cup of sugar and stir properly. Set mixture aside.
2) With an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the eggs till they are frothy.
3) Combine together 1 ½ cups of sugar, flour and salt and stir well.
4) Add the sugar mixture to the frothy eggs gradually, constantly beating till the mixture is thickened. Add the milk and mix well.
5) In a large saucepan, pour the egg mixture and cook over low flame, constantly stirring, till the mixture is thickened enough and coats a metal spoon. This usually takes about 15 minutes.
6) Remove mixture from the heat and set the saucepan in cold water, gently stirring till it is cooled.
7) Stir in the vanilla and cream, add peaches and stir the mixture well.
8) Pour the concoction into the freezer can of a 1-gallon hand-turned freezer or an electric freezer.
9) Freeze as per the instructions of the manufacturer and let the ice cream ripen for a minimum of 60 minutes.
10) Serve chilled.