Apple and Ginger Ice Cream
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Ginger pieces||3 , chopped|
|Ginger syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple puree||1⁄4 Pint|
|Green color||1 Teaspoon (Edible)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
1) Take a saucepan and scald the milk. Pour milk in a large basin.
2) In a bowl, beat together, egg yolk and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend it into the milk.
3) Sieve the milk mixture and pour it back into the pan and gently cook, until custard thickens, stirring constantly. Allow the mixture to cool
4) Now, take a large mixing bowl and blend together, chopped ginger, syrup, and apple puree. Add coloring, in good amount to give a rich green color to the mixture.
4) Mix the custard and the apple mixture. Gently whisk the cream and add it to the mixture.
5) Take a container and pour the ice cream mixture into it and free until set.
6) Serve frozen or as desired.