Filo Ice Cream and Mincemeat Parcels
|Firm pears||1 , peeled and cored|
|Mincemeat||8 Ounce (225 Gram Or 1 Cup)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon (From 1 Lemon)|
|Filo pastry sheets||12 , thawed if frozen|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vanilla ice cream||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter Or 1 Cup)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (Superfine Type, For Dusting)|
1. Chop the pear and place in a bowl. Stir in the mincemeat and lemon rind.
2. Keeping the rest of the filo covered under a damp dishtowel, lay one sheet on a board and cut it into two 20cm/8in squares. Brush with beaten egg, then cover with the second square of filo.
3. Lay 20ml/4 tsp of the mincemeat mixture on the filo, placing it 2.5cm/1in away from one edge and spreading it slightly to cover a 7.5cm/3in area.
4. Spoon 20ml/4 tsp of the vanilla ice cream over the mincemeat. Brush around the edges of the filo pastry with a little of the remaining beaten egg.
5. Fold over the two opposite sides of the pastry to cover the filling. Roll up, starting from the filled end. Transfer to a baking sheet and freeze. Make and freeze 11 more rolls in the same way.
6. Shortly before you are ready to serve, pour oil into a heavy pan to a depth of 7.5cm/3in. Heat it to 185°C/365°F, or until a cube of bread added to the oil browns in 30 seconds.
7. Fry several parcels at a time for 1-2 minutes until golden, turning them during cooking. Drain on kitchen paper while frying the remainder. Dust with caster sugar and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3135 Calories from Fat 1187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g204.2%
Saturated Fat 42 g209.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 518.2 mg172.7%
Sodium 1671.7 mg69.7%
Total Carbohydrates 362 g120.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.3%
Sugars 92.5 g
Protein 115 g231%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet