Rose Flavoured Ice Cream
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (115 gram / 1/2 cup)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter / 1 1/4 cups)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (500 milliliter / 1 1/4 cups)|
|Rose water||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Rose flavored turkish delight||6 Ounce, chopped (175 gram)|
1. Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light. In a pan, bring the milk to the boil. Add to the egg and sugar, stirring, then return to the pan.
2. Continue stirring over a low heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Do not boil, or it will curdle. Leave to cool, then stir in the cream and rose water.
3. Put the Turkish delight in a pan with 30-45 ml / 2-3 tbsp water. Heat gently, until almost completely melted, with just a few small lumps. Remove from the heat and stir into the cool custard mixture.
4. Leave the mixture to cool completely, then pour into a shallow freezer container. Freeze for 3 hours until just frozen all over. Spoon the mixture into a bowl.
5. Using a whisk, beat the mixture well, and return to the freezer container and freeze for 2 hours more. Repeat the beating process, then return to the freezer for about 3 hours, or until firm. Remove the ice cream from the freezer 20-25 minutes before serving. Serve with thin almond biscuits or meringues.
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.5 mg31.8%
Sodium 20.8 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.4% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet