Vegan ice cream
|Soy milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Arrowroot powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Tablespoon|
|Organic cane sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Mix 1 cup of soy milk with ½ cup arrowroot powder and mix.
2. In a thick bottom saucepan mix 2 cups of soy cream with 1 cup of soy milk and sugar; cook over a low flame.
3. Keep stirring the mixture with a hand whip. Once the soy mixture starts to simmer, continue stirring for 2 mins and take the soy mixture off the heat.
4. Add vanilla essence and the soy-arrowroot mixture to the cooked soy. Whip using an electric blender for 5 till the entire ice cream mixture thickens.
5. Now just pour the ice cream mixture into ice cream molds and freeze.
6. In about 5 hrs or so delicious Vanilla flavored vegan ice cream will be ready. Serve it with some fruit or rice crispy topping.
You can use vanilla flavored soy milk instead of adding vanilla essence.
If you don’t like the taste of arrowroot powder, use corn flour instead.