Peach Ice Cream Superb
|Ripe peaches||12 Medium, peeled and pitted (Fully Ripe)|
|Sugar||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilled whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash and scald cover, container, and dasher of a 4-quart ice cream freezer. Chill thoroughly.
2. Force peaches through a sieve or food mill. Stir sugar and lemon juice into peaches and set aside 20 minutes.
3. Combine cream, salt, and extracts; mix with peaches until blended.
4. Fill freezer container two thirds full with ice cream mixture. Cover tightly. Set in freezer tub. (For electric freezer, follow manufacturer's directions.)
5. Fill tub with alternate layers of 8 parts crushed ice and 1 part rock salt. Turn handle slowly 5 minutes. Add crushed ice and rock salt as necessary.