Peach Ice Cream Superb
|Ripe peaches||12 Medium, peeled and pitted (Fully Ripe)|
|Sugar||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilled whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash and scald cover, container, and dasher of a 4-quart ice cream freezer. Chill thoroughly.
2. Force peaches through a sieve or food mill. Stir sugar and lemon juice into peaches and set aside 20 minutes.
3. Combine cream, salt, and extracts; mix with peaches until blended.
4. Fill freezer container two thirds full with ice cream mixture. Cover tightly. Set in freezer tub. (For electric freezer, follow manufacturer's directions.)
5. Fill tub with alternate layers of 8 parts crushed ice and 1 part rock salt. Turn handle slowly 5 minutes. Add crushed ice and rock salt as necessary.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7545 Calories from Fat 4296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 478 g734.8%
Saturated Fat 284.2 g1420.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1892 mg630.7%
Sodium 970 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 813 g271%
Dietary Fiber 27.8 g111.1%
Sugars 784 g
Protein 45 g90.5%
Vitamin A 120.5% Vitamin C 214.8%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet