Apricot Ice Cream
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2|
|Dried soaked apricots||6 Ounce, diced|
|Dried finely chopped apricots||6|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Beat the egg yolks in the cream in a heavy saucepan. Add grated lemon rind and sugar and whip the cream continuously while heating slowly. Remove from heat when cream starts to simmer, but go on whipping while it cools down.
2. Mix gelatin with 2 tablespoons hot water.
3. Add gelatin and vanilla to diced apricots. Chill until about to set.
4. Fold cream into gelatin mixture.
5. Freeze the cream for at least 3 hours and whip it a few times during that time. The apricot ice cream is spooned up in Bowl and serve.