Vanilla Ice Cream Surprise
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart (1 Brick)|
|Raspberry jam/Strawberry jam||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, sliced|
|Brandy||2 Tablespoon, heated|
1. Place the pound cake on an ovenproof serving dish.
2. Cut the pound cake so that it is 1/2 inch wider and longer than the ice cream brick.
3. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks, stir in the sugar, and beat till peaks are stiff.
4. Put the ice cream on top of the pound cake. Work quickly so that the ice cream does not melt.
5. Spread jam on top of the ice cream. Spread egg whites on top of the jam. Sprinkle with almonds and bake in a 450°F oven for about 3-4 minutes until the meringue has turned light brown.
6. Pour the brandy in the middle of the meringue and ignite.