Easy Pistachio Ice Cream
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Finely chopped pistachio nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Set the refrigerator control for fast freezing.
2. Mix the sugar and cornstarch in the top of a double boiler. Add the light cream and milk and bring to a boil over direct heat, stirring constantly.
3. Mix the eggs with the salt and add a little of the hot mixture, stirring. Return to the top of the double boiler and cook, stirring, over simmering water until the mixture thickens. Cool.
4. Add the flavorings, pour the mixture into freezer trays and freeze until firm.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, break up the lumps and beat in an electric mixer or by hand until soft but not mushy.
6. Fold in the whipped cream and nuts. Return to the freezer trays and freeze until firm.