Easy Pistachio Ice Cream
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Finely chopped pistachio nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Set the refrigerator control for fast freezing.
2. Mix the sugar and cornstarch in the top of a double boiler. Add the light cream and milk and bring to a boil over direct heat, stirring constantly.
3. Mix the eggs with the salt and add a little of the hot mixture, stirring. Return to the top of the double boiler and cook, stirring, over simmering water until the mixture thickens. Cool.
4. Add the flavorings, pour the mixture into freezer trays and freeze until firm.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, break up the lumps and beat in an electric mixer or by hand until soft but not mushy.
6. Fold in the whipped cream and nuts. Return to the freezer trays and freeze until firm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2622 Calories from Fat 1834
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 210 g323%
Saturated Fat 111 g554.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1029.5 mg343.2%
Sodium 1329.7 mg55.4%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.4%
Sugars 113.8 g
Protein 42 g83.7%
Vitamin A 139.5% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 58.5% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet