Vanilla Flavored Peach Ice Cream
|Crushed ripe peaches||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Mix the peaches with one-third cup of the sugar and the almond extract.
2. Mix the remaining sugar, salt and flour in a pan. Blend in the eggs and one-quarter cup of the milk. Add the remaining milk and cook over low heat until the mixture coats a metal spoon, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool. Add the vanilla and cream.
3. Pour into the two-quart can of an ice cream freezer and place the can in the freezer tub. Cover with the lid, put on the gear case and adjust until the handle turns easily. Pack with one part ice-cream salt to eight parts crushed ice. Turn the crank until the mixture is half frozen (when resistance is felt, after about fifteen minutes' turning).
4. Add the crushed peaches. Pack the tub with additional salt and ice in the above proportions and turn the crank fairly rapidly until too hard to turn, at which point the mixture will have frozen.
5. Remove the gear case, lid and dasher. Cover the can with aluminum foil, replace the lid and stop up the hole in the top of the lid. Drain the water from the tub and pack with one part salt to four parts ice. Let stand two hours.