1) Preheat oven to 400°F. - Gas Mark 6.
2) Trim the crusts from each slice of bread.
3) With a rolling pin, roll out the bread to make slices thinner.
4) Spread butter or margarine on one side.
5) Place a trimmed bacon rasher on each.
6) Spread mustard and place a frankfurter in the centre of each and roll up in the bread.
7) Secure the bread with a wooden cocktail stick.
8) Use a baking sheet, or in a small roasting tin to pack the rolls closely. Brush tops with any leftover melted butter or margarine.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 20-30 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
10) Serve the hot dogs at once with green salads.