Hot Dog Relish
|Cucumbers||6 Quart (Large Cucumbers)|
|Spanish onion||2 Pound|
|Red hot pepper||3|
|White sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Vinegar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Mustard seed||3 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grind the above in a meat grinder, and place in a large bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp. salt, and let stand overnight.
3. Drain in a collander.
2. Make a paste of 3/4 c. flour, and a little of the above sauce.
3. Combine paste and sauce until smooth.
4. Add cucumbers and bring to a boil.
5. Stir to keep from sticking.
6. Simmer slowly for 1 1/2 hours.
7.Put relish in sterile jars, and seal tightly while hot.