|Rose hips||4 Pound|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Mead Variety, Use As Needed)|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
|Yeast nutrient||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yeast energizer||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cold tea||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use As Needed)|
1) Crush the rosehips until coarse.
2) In a saucepan, place the rosehips and add water just to cover it.
3) Heat the rosehip mixture to boil for 10 minutes.
4) Pass the rosehips mixture through cheesecloth.
5) In the same saucepan, heat 1 gallon of water to 160°F, stir in the honey and mix in thoroughly.
6) Allow the honey mixture to cool to 70 °F and add in the yeast, lemon juice, nutrients, yeast energiser and tea.
7) Put the lid on and place in the warm place to ferment for 3 days.
8) Pass the yeast mixture through cheesecloth.
9) Transfer the rosehip mixture into fermentation jar and fit with air-lock lid.
10) Allow to ferment and rack in the normal way.
11) Bottle and serve.
Calories 1061 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.84 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 19.8 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 275 g91.8%
Dietary Fiber 55.9 g223.5%
Sugars 192.1 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 197.2% Vitamin C 1630.6%
Calcium 40.6% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet