Honey Glazed Pork
|Boneless pork chops||1 Pound (At Least 1 1/2 Inches Thick, 450 Grams)|
|For braising sauce|
|Rice wine/5 fluid ounce dry sherry mixed with 10 fluid ounce chicken stock||15 Fluid Ounce (400 Milliliter)|
|Sugar/Chinese rock sugar||4 Ounce (110 Grams)|
|Black peppercorns/Roasted sichuan peppercorns||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Lightly salt the meat and then set it aside till required
2. Prepare the spring onions by slitting them into 3inch (7-5cm) lengths. Then add the ginger by cutting it into slices 3inches (7-5cm) x 1/4inch(0-5crn).
3. In a large wok, heat oil and then add the spring onions and the ginger to the hot oil.
4. Add the meat and brown it.
5. In a large pot, pour in the braising sauce ingredients and bring it to the boil. Then turn down the heat and add the browned meat, spring onions and the ginger mixture and turn down the heat to as low as possible. Simmer for 40 minutes or till the meat is tender
6. Remove the meat from the pan and let them cool before you slice them. Remove the surface fat from the braising liquid and then spoon the thick sauce over the meat.
7. Serve immediately