Honey Broiled Scallops
|Lime juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea scallops||2 Pound|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Pre heat oven at 170 c (340 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine ginger, soy sauce, oil, honey and lime juice. Mix well and add scallops. Mix well and cling wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Place marinated scallops on 8 individual skewers and place in baking pan.
4. Broil for 5 minutes and baste with left over marinade.
5. Turn and broil for 5 more minutes or till done.
6. Remove from oven and evenly coat each skewer in sesame seeds.
7. Place on platter and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1383 Calories from Fat 455
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.2%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 299.4 mg99.8%
Sodium 3159 mg131.6%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 160 g320.3%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 99.2%
Calcium 55.2% Iron 46.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet