Rye Honey Cookies
|Honey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets for about 8 dozen cookies.
2) In a saucepan, heat the honey till it become liquid.
3) Sift rye flour, cake flour and ground ginger into a skillet. Heat on low flame.
4) Stir gently making sure the flour does not change color. Slowly add the flour into the honey. Beat well till the mixture no longer sticks to the spoon.
5) Allow the mixture to cool so that it becomes stiff enough to be rolled.
6) Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and roll it out to paper thin. Cut out 2-inch rounds from the sheet.
7) Place the circles on cookie sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or till the cookies brown slightly.
8) Serve the Rye Honey Cookies dusted with powdered sugar.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2739 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.6%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.6 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 687 g228.9%
Dietary Fiber 40.4 g161.4%
Sugars 494 g
Protein 37 g74.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 53.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet