Honey Baked Rabbit
|Rabbit||1 , frozen|
|Rabbit||2 1⁄2 Pound, thawed (Fresh Or Frozen, 1 Piece)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Five spice powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
Cut rabbit into serving pieces.
2) In a bowl, place the pieces in the mixture of vinegar, water, garlic, bay leaves and onion.
3) Cover with a lid and place into refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
4) Remove and discard bay leaves.
5) Remove rabbit from marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Keep it aside.
6) In another bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, oil, vinegar and five-spice powder.
7) Use a 10 x 8-inch baking dish to spray with vegetable cooking spray.
8) Brush the rabbit pieces with the honey mixture and arrange in the baking dish.
9) Cover with foil and place inside oven to bake for about 30 minutes.
10) Turn the pieces to brush the other side with honey mixture.
11) Place inside oven to bake uncovered for about 20 minutes. Baste with honey mixture if desired.
12) Serve the rabbit preparation with wild rice.
Calories 976 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 514.4 mg171.5%
Sodium 1013.6 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 142 g283.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 119.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet