Balsamic Or Honey Glazed Vegetables
|Vegetables||2 Pound (Use A Combination Of "Baby" Packaged Fresh Carrots, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Yellow Squash)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
1) Heat a pan with water and vinegar.
2) Add the vegetables to the pan.
3) Let it come to a boil and cover.
4) Lower heat to medium and cook 10 minutes.
5) Take away the lid and increase heat, to allow water and vinegar to reduce and glaze the veggies, for about 5 to 7 minutes.
6) Add butter to coat veggies lightly, when glazed to a sweet, rich brown color,.
7) Add salt and pepper and season.
10) Serve hot.
FOR HONEY GLAZED VEGETABLES:
For an optional glaze for carrots and/or sugar snap peas, substitute 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar with 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup honey.