Honey Walnut Palmiers
|Frozen patty shells||20 Ounce (2 Package)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1. Cover a large cookie sheet with double thickness of brown paper.
2. Let the patty shells stand at room temperature 1/2 hour, to soften.
3. On lightly floured pastry cloth, overlap patty shells, making three rows of 4 shells each. With rolling pin, roll to make a solid rectangle of pastry, 16 by 8 inches. Push in sides to make even.
4. Starting from short side, fold pastry in thirds; press edges to seal. Turn and roll again, to make a 16-by-8-inch rectangle; fold in thirds. Repeat turning, rolling and folding. Refrigerate, wrapped in foil, 30 minutes.
5. Shape Palmiers: Sprinkle pastry cloth evenly with 1/2 cup sugar. On this, roll chilled pastry into a 12-by-10-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
6. Fold each end toward center to form a 9-by-7-inch rectangle. Fold sides over again to form a 9-by-3 1/2-inch rectangle. Wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 400°F.
8. Cut pastry crosswise into eight even slices. Place slices, cut side up, 2 inches apart on paper-covered cookie sheet. With tip of paring knife, separate center of each slice to form a heart shape. With rolling pin, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
9. Bake 12 minutes; remove from oven. Using broad spatula, turn on other side. Bake 12 minutes longer, or until golden-brown.
10. Remove to wire rack. Brush each with 1 tablespoon warm honey; sprinkle with nuts. Serve slightly warm or cold.