Honey Orange Twist
|Lukewarm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground (Use Whole)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Unbleached white flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Dissolve yeast in water and add orange, honey, salt, egg, oil and mix well.
3. In a large basin, combine and stir the flour and the liquid to make soft dough.
4. Turn out on a floured board and knead for a few minutes.
5. Place in greased bowl and cover with kitchen towel.
6. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume.
7. Punch down with your fist to know out air and let rest for another 10 minutes.
8. Divide dough in half.
9. Shape into 2 rolls, 14 inches long, then twist together loosely, sealing ends to make a plait.
10. Place on a greased pan and prove in a warm place until risen and doubled in size.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
12. Remove and allow it to cool before serving
13. Serve bread with tea or for breakfast.