1. Prepare the white breadcrumbs by running white bread slices in a blender coarsely.
2. Season the flour and place in separate dishes.
3. Break the egg, beat well and place in another dish.
4. Pre-heat the oven at 190°C/gas mark 5 for about 10–15 minutes.
5. Mix the stuffing mix together with boiling water using a large dinner fork as per manufacturer’s instructions, let it stand a while and go cold.
6. Add the pork sausage-meat to the cold stuffing and mix well together.
7. Taking a little of the mixture roll into a ball to the size of a large walnut between the palms of your hands and place them onto a clean tray.
8. Pane all the stuffing through the seasoned flour, beaten egg and white breadcrumbs.
9. Place the balls onto another clean tray and store in the fridge until required.
10. In a large sauté pan or wok heat enough oil, lower the balls in using a slotted spoon and deep fry them for a few minutes until light golden in color.
11. Using the slotted spoon, remove the sage and onion stuffing from the oil and replace them on the baking tray.
12. Finish cooking the sage and onion stuffing in a pre-heated oven at 190°C/gas mark 5 for a further 10–15 minutes depending on their size.
13. Serve the sage and onion stuffing hot with your turkey or roast chicken.