Tarragon Buttered Leeks
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Wash the leeks and prepare them by removing roots, outer leaves and tops from the shoots. Clean well again. Leave behind 1 1/2 to 2 inches of dark leaves.
2. Cut the leeks such that they are split to within 1 inch of bulb end.
3. In a large skillet, bring water to the boil and add the leeks. Cover and reduce the heat to cook the leeks without drying the pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes till done
4. Remove, drain and arrange on a serving platter.
5. In a large pan, mix the rest of the ingredients and melt butter over the ingredients. Stir well and sprinkle over the leeks.
6. Serve hot