Tarragon Buttered Leeks
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Wash the leeks and prepare them by removing roots, outer leaves and tops from the shoots. Clean well again. Leave behind 1 1/2 to 2 inches of dark leaves.
2. Cut the leeks such that they are split to within 1 inch of bulb end.
3. In a large skillet, bring water to the boil and add the leeks. Cover and reduce the heat to cook the leeks without drying the pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes till done
4. Remove, drain and arrange on a serving platter.
5. In a large pan, mix the rest of the ingredients and melt butter over the ingredients. Stir well and sprinkle over the leeks.
6. Serve hot
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.3 mg5.1%
Sodium 182.5 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 67.5% Vitamin C 41.9%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet