Green Beans with Tarragon Sauce
|Green beans||1 Pound, stringed steamed and drained|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled seeded and finely chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, crushed|
1. In a large sized skillet, coat with vegetable spray.
2. Place on flame and add olive oil.
3. Once hot, add garlic and chopped onions. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame till onions turn translucent.
4. Add rest of the ingredients (apart from beans) gradually and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce flame and simmer for 10 minutes. Once done, keep aside.
6. Place beans on a serving platter, top with cooked tomato gravy and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 554 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.7%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 86.8% Vitamin C 123.8%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet