Golden Hens With Herb Rice
|Rock cornish hens||4 Pound, giblets removed. (4 Hens, 1 Pound Each)|
|Precooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Browning sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Microwave Sauce For Chicken)|
1. Wash hens inside and out with cold water.
2. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub hens inside out with salt.
4. Truss the birds and cover the tips of drumsticks with foil to prevent charring while cooking. Keep aside.
5. In a microwaveable casserole, large enough to accommodate the hens, mix the rice, broth and ½ teaspoon of the seasoning.
6. Arrange the preprared hens on top of the rice mixture, placing them breast side down.
7. Sprinkle hens with remaining poultry seasoning.
8. With a fork, pierce the hens all over.
9. Brush them with the browning sauce.
10. Cover the casserole with wax paper or a lid and place in the microwave oven.
11. Set the power on MEDIUM
12. Cook the hens for 7 minutes.
13. Turn the hens on their backs and continue cooking for another 7 minutes.
14. Turn the hens again, changing positions so that outside edges are placed on the inside.
15. Cook uncovered for 7 minutes, turn and reposition again and cook for a final 7 minutes or until tender.
16. Serve the hens on individual plated, over a bed of the pilaf.