|Salt pork||1⁄2 Pound, finely chopped|
|Cabbage head||1 Small, quartered|
|Spinach||340 Gram, torn (1 bunch)|
|Turnip greens||12 Pound, torn (12 bunch)|
|Mustard greens||1⁄2 Pound, torn (1/2 bunch)|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red pepper pod/Cayenne pepper - a dash||1 , broken|
1) With water, cover the pork in a pan.
2) Cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes. Drain.
3) In a large kettle, place the spinach, cabbage, turnip greens and mustard greens and cover with water. Cook till the greens are soft (about 7 to 10 minutes).
4) Drain and keep the liquid aside for future use.
5) In a blender container, put the vegetables and blend till the mixture is smooth, or mince firmly.
6) Melt the shortening in a 3-quart saucepan.
7) Add the garlic and onion and cook till tender.
8) Add the flour and blend well.
9) Add the salt pork and greens.
10) Stir in just enough reserved vegetable liquid so as to make a thick puree (nearly 3 cups).
11) Add ¾ teaspoon of salt, cayenne and vinegar. Mix well.
12) Serve the preparation while it is still hot. Makes a good main course dish.