Mixed Greens with Potato Croutons and Tarragon Dressing
|For potato croutons|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), very thinly sliced|
|White onion||1 Small, very thinly sliced|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Yellow finn potatoes/Idaho potatoes||1 Pound, scrubbed|
|For tarragon dressing|
|Raspberry vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallot||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh tarragon||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Gourmet salad greens/Mixed salad greens such as romaine, arugula, watercress, mache||9 Cup (144 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||3 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
2. Take 2 cookie sheets and rub them with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Keep aside until used.
3. In a medium bowl, mix red pepper, vinegar, rest of the olive oil, onion, fennel seeds, ground red pepper, and salt thoroughly.
4. Using an adjustable blade slicer or hand, thinly slice the potatoes and add to the red pepper mixture. Toss for even flavoring.
5. Spread the seasoned potatoes on prepared cookie sheets.
6. Place the cookie sheets in the oven and bake them for 30 minutes or until the potatoes turn crispy with browned edges, turning halfway through.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients for dressing thoroughly until the honey dissolves.
8. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing to the mixed greens and toss well.
9. Divide the greens into 6 equal portions and spread on salad plates. Top each of these salad plates with ½ teaspoon crumbled goat cheese.
9. Garnish the mixed greens with equal portions of the baked potato croutons.
10. Serve immediately with rest of the dressing passed in a small bowl.