Stuffed Tarragon Trout
|Unsalted butter/Corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried tarragon/6 tablespoons of minced fresh tarragon||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Onions||2 , very thinly sliced|
|Trout||6 Small, cleaned|
|Rainbow trout||6 Small, split and cleaned|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
2) In cold water, wash the trout thoroughly, scraping off remaining scales, if any. Gently pat dry the trout.
3) With lemon juice, rub the split trout, both inside and out.
4) Over each trout, sprinkle pepper evenly, on both sides.
5) In a flat glass baking dish, place the trout. Keep aside.
6) In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
7) To this, add the tarragon. Mix well.
8) To this, add the onions, mixing well.
9) Cook until the onion turns tender.
10) Now, among the trouts in the baking dish, evenly divide the cooked onion mixture, stuffing the cavities with the mixture.
11) On top, spread the remaining onion mixture, if any.
12) With a lid or aluminum foil, cover tightly and keep in the center of the preheated oven.
13) Cook for exactly 3 minutes. (Do not cook more).
14) Turn the oven off and let it stand, with the oven door closed for 20 minutes.
15) After 20 minutes, remove the trout from the oven.
16) To warmed individual plates or a serving platter, transfer the dish.
17) If desired, garnish with tarragon sprigs. Serve this dish with Portuguese Pilaf and Savory Tomatoes au Gratin.