Beef Fillets With Asparagus And A Roasted Shallot And Tarragon Sauce
|For the roasted shallot and tarragon sauce:|
|Shallots||20 Large, peeled and with roots slightly attached|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red wine/Such as cabernet sauvignon / merlot||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced tarragon/Dried tarragon - 3/4 teaspoon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the steaks:|
|Mignon steaks||32 Ounce (4 Fillets, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Light olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the asparagus:|
|Fresh asparagus||1 Pound|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, diced|
1. Preheat oven to 400 Â° F.
2. Rub the steaks with the tamari and pepper.
3. In a sautÃ© pan or skillet, melt the butter to prepare sauce.
4. Stir in shallots and toss to coat well.
5. In a baking dish, transfer the shallots and roast in oven for 10 minutes.
6. Bring out the baking dish from the oven and stir in the cream, wine, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
7. Roast the mixture in oven for 30 minutes.
8. In a heavy sautÃ© pan or skillet, heat oil and sear steaks for about 5 to 6 minutes per side until medium-rare.
9. In a steamer or in a steamer basket set over a saucepan of boiling water, place asparagus and steam for about 5 minutes until tender.
10. Remove the steamed asparagus to a serving platter and dot with butter.
11. Let the butter melt over the asparagus, and season with salt.
12. In a warm serving plate, center the steak and pour sauce around the meat.
13. Arrange the shallots mixture and asparagus decoratively around the steaks.
14. Serve immediately.