|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For Cooking)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Dry basil/A generous pinch/fresh basil leaf||1 1⁄4 Pinch|
|Dry oregano||1 1⁄4 Pinch|
1. In a measuring cup, mix the milk, butter or margarine, salt and eggs.
2. In a mixer bowl, add the flour, chives, parsley, basil, oregano and salt.
3. Process till the herbs are chopped finely.
4. Mixing all the time, add the liquid in a steady stream and blend well to create the batter.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
6. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and when the oil is hot, tip it out.
7. Place the pan on medium-high heat and pour about 2 tablespoons of the batter.
8. Roll the batter around the pan until the bottom of the pan is covered, then tip out excess batter. Make sure that the crepe is as thin as possible.
9. Flip it when the batter appears dull and the edges begin to brown, a cook the other side till slightly brown.
10. Discard the first crepe as it has absorbed all the oil.
11. Cook the other crepes similarly, but do not add extra oil to the pan for the second crepe onwards.
12. From the second crepe, place the crepe on a tea towel when done.
13. Serve hot, with the side cooked first on the outside, as that is better looking.
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.4 mg27.5%
Sodium 137.4 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 10% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet