Chevres Bathed In Herbs And Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|Fresh thyme sprigs||12 Large|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||12 Large|
|Dried lavender||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Mild goat cheese||11 Ounce, cut crosswise into 8 rounds (1 Log, Chevre, Soft, Without Ash)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Niqoise)|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ripe figs||16 , halved (Fresh)|
1) In the bottom of a shallow dish, arrange half the thyme, rosemary, and lavender.
2) Place the 8 chevres on top.
3) Cover with the remaining herbs.
4) Drizzle the oil over the cheese and herbs so as to cover completely.
5) Sprinkle pepper on top.
6) Cover with plastic wrap.
7) Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
8) Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator and let warm to room temperature before serving.
9) Arrange the figs decoratively around the cheese before serving.