Pink Peppermint Cookies
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peppermint essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red vegetable food coloring||12 Drop|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Instant non fat dry milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Combine the shortening and sugar, and cream till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the egg, peppermint, and food coloring and beat till well blended.
3) Combine and sift the flour, milk, baking powder, and salt.
4) Add into the creamed mix and blend till a soft dough.
5) Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
6) Between two sheets of waxed paper, add half the dough and roll out to 1/8-inch thickness.
7) Cut with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
8) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
9) Top with chopped nuts.
10) Place in the oven at 350°F and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or till edges are lightly browned.
11) Serve lightly dusted with sugar.