Clam Broth with Tarragon
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White onions||3 , chopped|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clam juice||8 Ounce|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a medium saucepan, heat butter and saute onion until tender for about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in tarragon; cook, stirring, over low heat 1 minute.
4) Add flour; cook, stirring with wire whisk, over low heat 1 minute.
5) Gradually add wine and clam juice, with wire whisk keep stirring constantly.
6) Bring near to boiling, but do not boil; strain into saucepan to remove onion.
7) Add 1-1/4 cups light cream.
8) Cook, stirring, over low heat several minutes; add sugar.
9) Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine egg yolks with remaining light cream; mix well.
10) Through small sieve, strain the into hot cream mixture.
11) Cook, stirring, 1 more minute, or until slightly thickened.
12) Serve the clam broth hot.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.3 mg37.1%
Sodium 133.4 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet