Clam Broth With Tarragon
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White onions||3 , chopped|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clam juice||8 Ounce|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a medium saucepan, heat butter and saute onion until tender for about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in tarragon; cook, stirring, over low heat 1 minute.
4) Add flour; cook, stirring with wire whisk, over low heat 1 minute.
5) Gradually add wine and clam juice, with wire whisk keep stirring constantly.
6) Bring near to boiling, but do not boil; strain into saucepan to remove onion.
7) Add 1-1/4 cups light cream.
8) Cook, stirring, over low heat several minutes; add sugar.
9) Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine egg yolks with remaining light cream; mix well.
10) Through small sieve, strain the into hot cream mixture.
11) Cook, stirring, 1 more minute, or until slightly thickened.
12) Serve the clam broth hot.