|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sage leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Grated mild cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a medium size bowl sift in flour, baking powder, salt, sage and cheese.
2. Cut butter or margarine at room temperature and add to the mixture. Using fork or hands, mix together until crumbly. If you have pastry blender, it can be used. Add a bit of water and further mix until the entire mixture becomes wet and you can scrape it off the sides of the bowl.
3. On a lightly floured pastry cloth or board and using a rolling pin, roll the wet dough into a rectangle 10x12. Cm. . Divide in half lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into 1/2 -inch-wide strips.
4. On a greased baking sheet place, 1 inch apart.
5. In a hot oven at (425° F) bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
6. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks or kitchen table.
7. Store in a tightly covered container and serve as desired
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 896 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.3%
Saturated Fat 27.7 g138.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125 mg41.7%
Sodium 1934.3 mg80.6%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 25 g50.6%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 98.6% Iron 37.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet