Grilled Rock Cornish Chicken With Lemon And Tarragon
|Fresh tarragon sprig||4|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram /2 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 (Rind Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Tarragon||3 (To Garnish)|
|Orange slices||3 (To Garnish)|
1. Prepare the baby poussin, turn them breast-side down on a chopping board and cut them through the backbone using kitchen scissors. Crush each bird gently to break the bones so that they lie flat while cooking. Season each with salt.
2. Turn them over and insert a sprig of tarragon under the skin over each side of the breast.
3. Brush the chickens with oil, using a pastry brush, and place under a preheated hot grill (broiler) about 13 cm/5 inches from the heat. Grill (broil) the chickens for about 15 minutes, turning half way, until they are lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, to make the glaze, melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the lemon rind, lemon juice and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
5. Brush the poussin with the glaze and cook for a further 15 minutes, turning them once and brushing regularly so that they stay moist. Garnish the chickens with tarragon and orange slices. This is delicious served with new potatoes.