Spiced Prawns With Coriander Mayonnaise
|White breadcrumbs||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||3 Teaspoon, lightly crushed|
|Lime||1 , zested and juiced (Plus Wedges To Serve)|
|Prawns||20 Large, shells off but tails still on|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil/Groundnut oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Gently mix in lime juice and coriander in to the mayonnaise and chill till serving.
2. In a bowl, mix the cumin, chilli powder, crushed chillies according to taste, and lime zest.
3. When the spices are mixed, add in breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
4. Spread the mixture over a plate and toss the prawns in the crumbs.
5. Ensure that the prawns are coated and then shake off all excess. Leave them aside on a plate to chill
6. In a deep frying pan, heat a few centimeters of oil. The oil is hot if a few crumbs dropped into the oil cause a sizzle.
7. Tip in the prawns gently in batches. Fry for two minutes and remove when golden brown.
8. Let drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately
9. Serve with the prepared chilled mayonnaise, lime wedges and coriander leaves sprinkled on top of a warm plate