Roast Chicken With Leek Tarragon And Goat's Cheese Stuffing
|Soft butter||85 Gram|
|Leeks||2 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Fresh tarragon sprigs||4 (Bushy)|
|Soft goat cheese/Ricotta||100 Gram|
|Grated parmesan||4 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||50 Gram|
|Whole chicken||2 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to fan 180degree C to 200 degree C
2. In a sauté pan, melt 25g of the butter
3. Add leeks and onion and sauté for about 10 minutes until soft.
4. Take pan off the heat and set the pan aside.
5. In a food processor jar, combine the herb leaves with the remaining butter, the cheeses, breadcrumbs, seasonings and leek-onion mixture.
6. Blend into a sticky dough. Remove into a bowl
7. Arrange the chicken with the cavity facing up.
8. Trim and discard any fat.
9. Gently loosen the skin over the breast using the tip of a small knife and easing your fingers without tearing the skin.
10. Stuff with prepared filling.
11. Place leftover stuffing in the small neck cavity.
12. Stress the skin and tighten over the flesh.
13. Arrange the chicken, breast side up, in a roasting pan.
14. Rub oil and seasonings over the skin of the chicken.
15. Roast the chicken for 1 ½ hours, turning the chicken every 30 minutes and basting with the pan juices until evenly browned and tender.
16. Remove from the oven and rest for 15 minutes.
17. Cover with foil to keep warm.
18. Use a carving knife to carve the chicken.
19. Spoon stuffing onto each serving.