Pepper Cocottes with Tarragon Hollandaise
|Red peppers||1 Large, halved and deseeded|
|Pepper||1 Large, halved and deseeded (Yellow / Orange)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (40 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||2 Medium|
|Butter||2 3⁄4 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Chopped tarragon||3 Tablespoon|
1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Place peppers, cut-side up, in an ovenproof dish.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, then fry for 3 mins to soften. Stir in the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and seasoning. Divide among the peppers, leaving a large cavity in the centre of each.
3. Bake the peppers for about 20 mins until beginning to brown at the edges. Remove from the oven, then break an egg into each. Return to the oven for a further 15 mins until the eggs are cooked.
4. Meanwhile, make the hollandaise. Put the lemon juice and egg yolks in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Add a knob of the butter and whisk over the heat until it has melted. Continue adding butter, whisking, to make a smooth sauce. Stir in the tarragon and seasoning.
5. Serve the peppers with the tarragon hollandaise and plenty of crusty bread.