Hot Herby Mushrooms
|White bread slices||4 , thin slices, crust removed|
|Chestnut mushrooms||4 Ounce, wiped and sliced (125 Gram)|
|Oyster mushrooms||4 Ounce, wiped (125 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Milliliter (300 Milliliter)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Snipped chives||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Mixed salad leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4. With a rolling pin, roll each piece of bread out as thinly as possible.
2. Press each piece of bread into a 10 cm/4 inch tartlet tin. Push each piece firmly down, then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
3. Place the mushrooms in a frying pan with the garlic, mustard and chicken stock and stir-fry over a moderate heat until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid is reduced by half.
4. Carefully remove the mushrooms from the frying pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a heat-resistant dish. Cover with tinfoil and place in the bottom of the oven to keep the mushrooms warm.
5. Boil the remaining pan juices until reduced to a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir the parsley and the chives into the mushroom mixture.
7. Place one bread tartlet case on each plate and divide the mushroom mixture between them.
8. Spoon over the pan juices, garnish with the chives and serve immediately with mixed salad leaves.