Cheera Thoran (Amaranth Thoran)
|Amaranth||225 Gram (Cheera Cholai)|
|Red onion||1 (Bulb)|
|Split black gram||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash and drain amaranth leaves (use stems if they are very tender).
2. Grate coconut fine.
3. Grind onion and garlic fine. Crush the green chillies well. Add coconut and mix well while grinding.
4. Chop leaves into fine pieces.
5. Heat oil. Add black gram. When gram browns, add chopped leaves and saute for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add salt and ground ingredients. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Mix well on fire. Remove.