Seared Tuna With Pernod And Thyme
|Tuna steaks/Swordfish steaks||4|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , zested and juiced|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Sun dried tomatoes||4|
|Cooked mixed rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked freshly (For Serving)|
|Tossed green salad||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. Wipe the fish steaks with a damp cloth or dampened kitchen paper.
2. Season both sides of the fish to taste with salt and pepper, then place in a shallow bowl and reserve.
3. Mix together the Pernod, olive oil, lime zest and juice with the fresh thyme leaves.
4. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add to the Pernod mixture.
5. Pour the Pernod mixture over the fish and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, spooning the marinade occasionally over the fish.
6. Heat a griddle or heavy-based frying pan. Drain the fish, reserving the marinade. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side for a steak that is still slightly pink in the middle. Or, if liked, cook the fish for 1-2 minutes longer on each side if you prefer your fish cooked through.
7. Place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour the marinade over the fish and serve immediately, with the mixed rice and salad.