|Egg whites||2 , unbeaten|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||1 Drop|
|Refrigerated slice 'n' bake cookie roll||1|
|Green crystal sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Make early on day:
1. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
2. In medium bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy; then gradually beat in sugar, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until stiff peaks form when beater is raised. Fold in peppermint extract and few drops green food color, then set this meringue mixture aside.
3. Slice roll of dough 1/8 inch thick. Place slices, about 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets. With some of meringue in decorating bag with tube number 6 in place, press large rosette onto top of each cookie; sprinkle with green crystal sugar.
4. Bake about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks. Makes about 50.