Cornish Game Hen With Herbs
|Cornish game hens||4|
|Savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Celery leaves||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Fresh parsley||30 Milliliter, chopped (2 Tablespoon)|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Plain yogurt||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
– Clean and dry hens and rub skin and cavity with lemon slices.
– Place onion segments, diced carrot and celery leaves inside each cavity, sprinkle with savory and season with salt and pepper.
– Truss hens, place in a casserole dish and cover. Cook for approximately 40 minutes.
– When cooked, remove the hens and keep warm. Pour off the fat and add consomme to the remaining juice. Let liquid reduce to three quarters.
– Fold plain yogurt and fine herbs into liquid, adjust seasoning.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2197 Calories from Fat 1291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g220.6%
Saturated Fat 42.7 g213.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 998.1 mg332.7%
Sodium 1262.7 mg52.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.6%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 178 g355.7%
Vitamin A 296.8% Vitamin C 128.8%
Calcium 64.3% Iron 68.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet