Cornish Game Hen With Herbs
|Cornish game hens||4|
|Savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Celery leaves||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Fresh parsley||30 Milliliter, chopped (2 Tablespoon)|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Plain yogurt||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
– Clean and dry hens and rub skin and cavity with lemon slices.
– Place onion segments, diced carrot and celery leaves inside each cavity, sprinkle with savory and season with salt and pepper.
– Truss hens, place in a casserole dish and cover. Cook for approximately 40 minutes.
– When cooked, remove the hens and keep warm. Pour off the fat and add consomme to the remaining juice. Let liquid reduce to three quarters.
– Fold plain yogurt and fine herbs into liquid, adjust seasoning.