Potatoes reach their glory when sizzled in clarified butter and served as hash browns.
2 Medium, grated
1 Tablespoon, melted
1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)
1 Pinch, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)
1) Slice the shallots.
2) Peel and grate the potato. Squeeze the grated potato through a kitchen towel.
3) In a large bowl, place the sliced shallot, grated potatoes and clarified or melted butter.
4) Season with salt and pepper. Then stir with a spoon to mix thoroughly.
5) In a non-stick girdle or cast iron skillet, spread the potato mixture and cook slowly over medium low heat until nicely browned.
6) Place the Hash Browned Potatoes on a serving plate and serve immediately with eggs and toast.
For a more rustic version ,leave skin on potatoes. Just be sure to scrub them very well.